Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change VLAN in Avaya PBX CM - 5.2.1 (G430+S8300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthrobes

Technical User
Jun 17, 2012
SA
Dear All,

I have a situation , we are going to migrate our one of the branch Avaya PBX (G430+S8300D) to Another branch . in another branch we have several VLAN and the pbx which i want to migrate has the configured VLAN already available in another branch and in production. so i dont want mismatch.

hence i want to change VLAN of this Avaya PBX. for this how many places i should change vlan ? means do i ned to change in MEDIA Gateway and CM both ? please tell me how to change ? below is pbx detail

Avaya CM ver 5.2.1

G430+S8300

Honestly, I'd just change the native vlan of the switch port it'd connect to. So, everything VLAN1 on your Avaya stuff and if you want it to be on vlan 202, make the default untagged port of that vlan be 202.

In release 6 on System Platform, there's a script to change the vlan on the S8300 so it tags not native through the gateway. So, the one time I needed to have my gateway tag vlan 101, I could do that in the gateway but you need a special script in R6 at least to make the virtual machines on the S8300 tag on 101 as well.

I'd avoid dealing with it anywhere other than the switchport because you'll be in console cable territory and rebooting the gateway and server a few times to try anything out.

kyle555,

Thanks for your reply.
but still my question is pending.

the CM 5.2.1 is already installed and i dont know if any place where VLAN configured in CM and how to edit vlan to change it.
because i can able to change media gateway vlan but how to change vlan for CM ???

it'd be in the network config page of "server maintenance" of the webpage if its there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back