Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change the Lotus Notes display font? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

echain

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
CA
I have a user using Laptop his screen display is 1280x1024.
I already changed his font to the large. The lotus notes font is still very small. How can I change the display font of the Lotus Notes to make it big font?

Hi,
When you say you have changed the font to "large", do you mean you have changed the font in Windows or Lotus Notes?

To change to large fonts in Windows:
1. Select Control Panel
2. Select Display
3. Select Settings tab.
4. Select Large fonts (you'll have to restart Windows, and if large fonts aren't loaded, you may have to load them from the Windows CD).

To change the default fonts in Lotus Notes:
1. Select File->Preferences->User Preferences
2. Click "Basics"
3. If "Small" icons are selected, select "Medium" or "Large"
4. Click "Default Fonts" button and select a font that is bigger in general than the default fonts selected. For instance, instead of "Times Roman" for the serif font, select "Garamond" and instead of "Helv" or "Arial" for the default sans-serif and/or multilingual font, select "Verdana."
5. Exit and restart Notes for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps. Ola kakou aloha,
k'

Another way would be to add the following line to the notes.ini file:

Display_Font_Adjustment=0-25

the number between 0-25 changes the font size. The user will need to experiment with the settings to come up with the one that works.

Dan

Hi,

If you add the Display_Font_Adjustment variable to your notes.ini file, start at the low end of the value scale, for example,

Display_Font_Adjustment=1

The value of this variable behaves similarly to the SIZE="+n" attribute for the FONT tag in HTML, where "+1" indicates "one size up" from the default font, which in HTML pretty much doubles the font size.

Ola kakou aloha,
k'
Ola kakou aloha,
k'

Hi again,

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post(s):

Assuming you're using Notes R5, if you are also using the legacy desktop ("Workspace") as opposed to the bookmark bar, then changing the default fonts in User Preferences, or adding the Display_Font_Adjusment variable to the notes.ini file affects the "Use Textured Workspace" option. That is, changing default fonts or using the notes.ini variable disables the "textured" workspace option.

I haven't been able to find a notes.ini entry I could use to turn on the textured workspace when the fonts or font sizes have been customized. However, if I have to choose between "texture" and "easier to read", I'll take "easier to read" every time.

Ola kakou aloha,
k'

Thank you all. It is very helpful from your guys.
Thanks again!!!

To change font size, add this line to Notes.ini file "display_font_adjustment=?" (no quotes)
Replace ? with any number from 0 to 25. (0 is the default size and 25 is the largest)
Hit the enter Key twice <enter><enter>. This creates an emply line after the last line of code. Without this empty line the last line of code is not read.
Do a File save.

oops I should have read further..I see this has been answered several times..sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back