Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Change System Password ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamtimenet

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
PL
Hello,

I have a partner mail r3.0 VM system. I cannot seem to figure out the password for the main system.

I enter:

Function or intercom 777, then 99# and then I can't remember the password. I need to get in and change the recording of the main auto-attendant. The system has been sitting for 8 months and I just moved it to a new location. What can I do about this?

Thanks.

Stephen

I have tried it over and over forwards and backwards. It seems the last person that had access must of changed it and not told anyone. Another reason why she is not working for us anymore.

S

Go to this thread and read Tuch Tone Tommys post it tells you how to reset the password.
thread688-590350

The original poster says he has a Partner Mail R3.0. Not VS mail. So the procedure is Intercom 777, enter 9997# as the extension number and then the serial number from the VM unit. After the voice says "goodbye", cycle the power off and back on. When the VM reboots, log back into 9997 and you will be prompted to enter a new password.

Hate to dig up this issue again, but that fact is, the serial number did not work for a system I am trying to program. It is Partner Mail Version 1.8 (from 1995. Why is it even still running?).

I dial intercom 777, then 9997#, then the numeric digits of the serial number, followed by #. I also tried those other break-in passwords, as well as the default 123456. Maybe this puppy is too old? I saw on another thread that I can log on with hyperterminal and reinitialize the system. I'm going to try that next, but I am concerned about looking like a moron to the customer if it doesn't work. I'd like to have other suggestions if possible.

Thanks.

but keep in mind the hyperterminal reset is going to put everything back to factory defualt so be sure they get all their messages off first and be ready to rerecord the propmpts , create the needed mailboxs and set up the selector codes.

Thanks guys. I'm not worried about the old messages, because the old company left the system behind for the one moving in.

if thats the case then you want to do the hyperterminal factory defualt.

I do it before installing any used partner vm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back