Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to change size of pdf page

Status
Not open for further replies.

junedonofrio

Technical User
Dec 31, 2003
US
i have a pdf page that someone sent me, i just need to adjust the size to be 7 1/2" by 10", instead of 8 1/2" by 11". i have done this before by adjusting the margin, however this original does not have a border. is there an easy way to do this,
thanks,
June

You could perhaps redistill the PDF? and change the page size then?

At risk of being a little crude, you could set Acrobat Reader to show the full page, grab that image with Alt-PrintScreen, paste it into Paint or an Image Editor, crop the image to just what you need, save that to a JPEG file, and insert that file into a Document, where you adjust the image size to what you need - or do the size adjustment in your image editor. Experiment with what you have!

Fred Wagner
KQ6Q@arrl.net

You can use Quite Imposing Plus ( that’s what I use. Step and repeat, scale to other sizes, 1,1 layout and enter your page size. Fine adjustments of objects sizes I use Enfocus Pitstop Pro ( It’s a little overkill for a one off thing though.

Cheapest most logical way would be just what Eggles said, to just print the PDF to file (PS) and set the scale % and then re distill the postscript.

Other option if you have illustrator, open the PDF up in that but be careful it doesn’t muck up the file on you.

If the pdf doesn’t have any vector and is just raster you might as well just open the PDF in photoshop and adjust there.

All depends on the PDF and what tools you have to work with

The last thing I would do would be a print screen, might as well do your work in MS Paint if your doing stuff like that lol :p

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back