Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change SID's in Win98 SE on ghosted drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnbtech

MIS
Feb 10, 2004
US
Here where I work, we use norton ghost to clone our basic pc setup, on our lower end machines. We are running Citrix, and for our basic machines we run Win98 SE with the Citrix ICA Client. My problem is when a drive is cloned
the computer name of course has to be changed, which I do, but when we send out these pc's and the user is logged on to the system, in our Citrix management console they still show the computer name of the original HD. It is not a major problem, but one I would like to figure out! I found info on using SYSPREP in WinXP, and this is the first placed a came to for info concerning Win98, so please advise of possible.
Thanks!

Win95/98 doesn't have a SID.
That is a NT/2k/XP thing.

If you are Ghosting a hard drive that already has Citrix on it, then you are also copying the Citrix configuratiion.

After Ghosting the drive, go into the Citrix config and change the client name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back