Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Change / Replace Colors in Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

smanderson16

Technical User
Oct 8, 2005
US
I just recently upgrated to Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio from Paint Shop Pro 7. I used color replacer all of the time to change one color to another based on my forground color and background color selections. It seems that color replacer is not available in my new version and I am lost without it!!!!

I tried Adjust - Hue and Saturation - Colorize but that does not seem to take into account the foreground colors and background colors I have selected.

Please help!!!

Are you sure it's not available? They've, ahem, "simplified" the tool pallette by putting lots of the tools on little drop-downs, so that you can only see one at a time (personally I'd rather have the old complicated version where I was 1 click away from all the tools!). I don't have my copy of PSP to hand right now, but I think the color replacer is on the same drop-down as the eyedropper.

Mind you, I've got PSP9 and not Studio, but I find it hard to believe they've got rid of a function that's even available in MS Paint!

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

From the "Help" section of Paint Shop Pro Studio........
Color Replacer Tool......
To learn more, click on "Help" then "Learning Center"..It is very helpful.....

Choosing Colors from an Image or the Desktop
Use the Dropper tool to choose a foreground or background color from any open image. Or use a special feature of Color and Material boxes to select from any color within Paint Shop Pro Studio (such as a color on a toolbar). If you have Windows 2000 or later, you can choose a color from other applications (such as a color displayed in a word processor).

Note

You can also use the Jasc Color Picker to choose a color from any open image.

To use the Dropper tool to choose a color:

On the Tools toolbar, choose the Dropper tool .

Position the cursor over the color in the image.

Left-click to make the color the foreground color or right-click to make it the background color.

To choose a color from the active image:

Position the cursor over the active image.

Note: This applies to the brush and eraser tools and picture tubes.

Hold down the Ctrl key and left-click to choose the color as the foreground color or right-click to choose the color as the background color.

To choose a color from an image or the desktop:

Make sure the color you want to choose is displayed on the screen.

Position the cursor over a Color or Material box (on the Materials palette or in a dialog).

Note: On the Materials palette, you must assign the foreground and background color separately. Position the cursor over one or the other, follow the steps, and then start over for the other color.

Hold down the Ctrl key and continue to hold it down until you've completed the following steps.

Move the cursor over the area of the desktop that has the color you want to choose. The cursor is a dropper over any area that you can choose from. For Windows 2000 or later systems, the cursor remains a dropper when you move off Paint Shop Pro Studio onto another application.

Left-click to select the color. The Color box or Material box updates with the color.

To change the color selection, continue to hold the Ctrl key and click on different parts of the desktop.

Release the Ctrl key.

I ended up purchasing Paint Shop Pro X to get the full set of features including Color Replacer. Studio did not have that feature. Oh well, it will teach me to buy software without a thorough review first!

Thanks to all of you for your help. I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back