Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change record display grouping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAC17

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
Here is what I would like to do:

Inventory Part number

Sales Order 1111
Sales Order 2222
Totals for Sales Orders

Work Order 9956
Work Order 9999
Totals for Work Orders

Another Inventory Part number

Sales Order 5555
Totals etc

Work order 9997
Work order 9921
Work order 9922
Totals

Inventory part numbers, work orders and sales orders are in separate tables.

I can't figure out how to get the sales orders to be grouped together and then the work orders to be grouped together under each inventory part number. What I get is:

Part number
sales Order / work order
sales order / work order.

I have tried a bunch of different things with groups (in addition to the group on inventory part number) and adding detail sections but to no avail.

Can you please show me the way to enlightenment?

Thanks a bunch!

You might use a Union statement to combine the sales and workorder data by using a View or and Add Command with a hardcoded field to demonstrate which row is sales and which is workorder, but this is Crystal version and database dependent, which you didn't post.

Another means might be to group on the Part Number, and then add the sales table, report on that data, and then in the group footer use a subreport for the workorder data which is linked via the part number.

-k

Another option, depending on your connection, would be to use the "lookup all of one then all of the others" linking option. To see if this is available to you, right click on one of your table links and select options. You will either have access to "SQL Join Types" box or the "When linking two files from this file" box. In the Crystal help menu you can read about this under "A to B, A to C link, setting up".
MrBill

MrBillsc -

I liked the A to B and A to C option but can't use it since I have an OBDC connection to these files.

I will look into the subreport suggested by synapsevampire.

I should have posted this but I am using CR 8.5.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back