Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Change Perspective in PS6? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flasher40

Technical User
Apr 13, 2007
US
Suppose I have an image I've imported into PS6, and I want that image to appear as though it is on a TV screen, but as though you are looking at the screen from an angle instead of straight on. Is there a way to rotate the image on its vertical axis so that instead of the image being rectangular, the horizontal borders are angled and the vertical border closer to you appears to be longer than the vertical border farther away, the way a TV screen would look if you were viewing it at an angle? For example, something like the drawing below, although not as extreme of an angle:
. |
. |
| |
| |
. |
. |
So, I'm not looking to rotate the image the way you can an image that has depth in a 3D program, but rather as you might view a 2D image from an angle.

I've learned from the Tek-Tips "Illustrator" forum that that cannot be done in AI9. Can it be done in PS6 (or for that matter in any later versions of PS)?

Thanks,
Bill

After posting the message above, I played around with PS until I discovered how to do what I want to do using the Skew tool.

The only problem is that when you import the skewed image into Adobe Illustrator, there is a rectangular area around the skewed image (left over from before the skewing was done), so that rectangle shows up against any layer underneath the one that the skewed image is on. One workaround, of course, is to paste in patches above the blank area, but that assumes a simple background.

I don't suppose there's a way to have the blank rectangular area transparent when it is placed on an Illustrator layer. If there is, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bill

...a few options...

1. make a clipping path in photoshop and import into illustrator...

2. make the clipping mask in illustrator...

3. make a selection in photoshop to remove unwanted area, save as PSD and import that into illustrator...

Andrew

Or, as I just discovered, save the file for the web as a .gif file with Transparency checked.

Bill

.gif works, but pay attention: it's a 8-bit format and you loose a lot of color informations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back