Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change location of directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigHall

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2006
US
I have recently inherited an IP office set-up. I have a definity background, so some of this is alien to me. The first thing I noticed is that I have a lot of backup and config files on my desktop. I looked in the manager program and found that under the Working Directory location, I have C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop. I don't see a location for backup files, does it default to the same location?

I certainly do not like them being on the desktop, and though I have not used IP Office before, I am willing to bet this isn't the default location for these files. Can anyone offer some insight on this matter? Specifically, I am looking for the default locations of working and backup directories, and how to change these locations without loosing my config.

Thanks,
Craig

Your right about it not being the normal default, the config files and backup are normally put in the same directory as the Manager app.

To change the location, run Manager and select the command File | Change Working Directory.

In Manager under prefernces, you can change the directory where the config files go and under backup/restore in the file menu you can also change where the backup files go too.

Good luck

troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back