Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to change IP address on a nortel Passport 2430

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne6168

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
US
Hi, our ISP got bought by Covad and now they are changing the IP structure. now, can someone tell me what's the command for BCC to change IP?

Thank you,

Wayne

from BCC type config
then the interface type ethernet 0, serial 1/1
then type ip address x.x.x.x mask x.x.x.x

hope this helps

[1:TN]$ bcc
** Error ** Unable to load bcc command from file system.
Loadable Module: bcc.ppc

this is what i got when i typed in BCC.

this is a passport 2430

Hi, xplicit,

the interface i try to change is.. Ethernet slot 1 connector 2. When i do 'show ip enable' it showed E12 is the slot.

I am very confused.
and also, according to your instruction,
where the 'then the interface type ethernet 0, serial 1/1.. i am lost..

help~~~~~ :(

If you have Site Manager you can download your config;edit it;and upload the new config.Or,if you like you can use Site Manager to edit the config on the fly.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Public Safety-DMV
Network Operations

First off, BCC does fail to load on occassion on Nortel routers. Just try it a few times. If it fails more than 3 or 4 times in a row though, then you probably do not have neough free memory. Rebooting the router will generally allow you to get into it if that is the case though.

Regardless, once you are into BCC, type the following:

config
ethernet 1/1
ip address 10.10.10.10/255.255.255.0

Of course, use your IP info instead of that listed above. Do not be confused by the "E12" name. That IS your Ethernet interface as it is displayed in the Technician Interface via a command such as: show ip circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back