Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change Grid Heading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saif_Abc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2021
AE
Hi,

I want to change the Grid heading with table records, how can I do so?

Grid Columns : cat1,cat2,cat3,cat4,cat5,....
Tables Records: Mother & Baby,Hygiene,Paper,Wet Wipes,Personal Care

Thanks

Saif

Hi,

1) Select the cell containing a table heading.

2) Key in the value you want.

3) TAB to the next table heading.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then...
You Energy!

Is this the same question you asked last year, in thread184-1811119? If so, we went round in a few circles trying to understand what you were trying to achieve - without much success.

It would help to know where you want to get the heading data from. You mentioned a table. Do you mean a table in a database? Of a Word table? Also, what is the "grid"? Is this in Excel? Or Access? Or what?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

No Mike, this is not the same question.

See this image..

I want to change the grid headings of cat1,cat2,cat3 ... to Wet Wipes, Mother & Baby, Hygiene ...

catsale_azmcwe.png

Thanks

Saif

Oh my!

You show more than 20 cat headings.

Unless this is just a report that no one will EVER try to use as a lookup table or any kind of analysis, this is an awful table structure.

Skip,
[sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
You Energy!

Yes, I emphasis not show like this, it is so simple if we show these heads in vertical. Only 5 heads required, like;

1. Party Code
2. Name
3. Location
4. Category
5. Value.

Saif

Saif_Abc,
Why do you refuse to answer any of Mike's question?

You say you would like to get some help with your issue, but nobody here really knows what the issue is. And just repeating "grid headings" does not mean anything to anybody here. :-(

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Are you wanting to transform your report table into that 5-column table?

Check out this: faq68-5287

This process requires 1 column on the left and then however many to the right. So in order to accomplish that you must CONCATENATE your Party Code, Name, Location columns with a delimiter so that after the FAQ process completes, you can use Data > Text to columns to restore those 3 columns.

I have used this technique many times to put a report like you have into a useable table structure. Of course your cat headings need to be changed before you start this process.

Note that you will end up with a lot of ZERO values.
FILTER to display ZERO values.
SELECT the rows.
DELETE.
CLEAR the filter.

Vola y'all!

Skip,
[sub]

You Matter...
You Energy!

Why do you refuse to answer any of Mike's question?

You say you would like to get some help with your issue, but nobody here really knows what the issue is. And just repeating "grid headings" does not mean anything to anybody here

I am sorry, my mistake and sorry not delivered the queries in correct way.

I will try to simply it, as it is not closed.

Thanks

Saif

Do you plan to change headings in excel worksheet? The screenshot seems to be from VFP table...

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back