Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change Field Description property in a Linked Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

handokowijaya

Programmer
Jul 9, 2004
US
Hi All,

I am trying to change the Field Description in an Access App. with linked tables (SQL). The reason is because we have many tables and each table has more than 100 fields and it would take forever to copy the description from original Access database to the SQL Linked Table one by one. I need this description so that i dont have to type in the "StatusBarText" property when i use the fields in bound form.

Can anybody help me!! I've done my research for several days and still couldn't get it done.

Thanks in advance!!

han

Consider this...
Assume I have a linked table, tblMonthlyRevenuesCurrent, with several columns, account_num and amount. I want the descriptions of the columns to be different. On the Data tab of your form properties dialog, select Record Source and click the ellipsis to the right of the field. This will invoke the query builder. Using the query builder, build a query like the example below and viola. Then you can drag and drop the fields from the field chooser and they will have labels that match the ones that you assigned in the query builder.

SELECT tblMonthlyRevenuesCurrent.account_num AS AcctNum, tblMonthlyRevenuesCurrent.amount AS RevenueAmt
FROM tblMonthlyRevenuesCurrent;

HTH,
Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back