Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change download folder??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fj62alex

MIS
Jul 24, 2006
US
Hi,

I am totally puzzled. I have found a few good movies and trying to download some of them in .avi format. The problem is, I don't have an option to save it. I am using Internet explorer 8 and Win XP Pro SP3. After the file is downloaded it supposed be in the Temporary Internet files folder. But, when the download is completed, I cannot find the file in the Temp. Internet Files folder. Any suggestions, ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

I have a German version of XP at the moment loaded, so instructions may be off a bit...

when you have the LINK to the said file, right click on it and use SAVE AS, instead...

and most of the downloads either appear in your %UserProfile%\My Documents or b]%UserProfile%\My Documents\Downloads[/b] Folder ...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

In Firefox, tools/options there is an option to set a default download folder. I am pretty certain there is an option in IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back