Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change default localhost/exchange web link for OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2003
CA
Sorry I know, a total newbie question, I am familar with Exchange 2003, but haven't really messed aruond with web access yet. I have everything working, including web access so in order to access the web client I type
But say I want to type in mail.domain.com and that then points to OWA. Can anyone go through what I need to do in IIS??

Thanks!

Just redirect the client using whatever method floats your boat... no need to mess with IIS.

Suggest you google for 'asp redirect' for instructions if you need them.

As I said, google is your friend. Try here:
Assuming you have a DNS record for mail.domain.com pointed at the OWA server, and you serve the redirect.asp as your default page, you can simply redirect the client to wherever you want to. i.e. " becomes " (you ARE using FBA and SSL, right?) in a manner transparent to the user.

Okay I will tinker around with that. And no we are not using SSL and FBA as of yet. We just want to get the server going for now.

If you use ISA server to publish your webmail it can do it for you. I have set ours up so that when a user goes to webmail.x.com.au they are automatically diverted to webmail.x.com.au/exchange.

Before we deployed ISA server I had a default.asp/html that just diverted the user straight to /exchange. If you want I can see if I still have those old scripts around somewhere.

By the sounds of it you are not using ISA, but you should definately consider it (from a security point of view).

Good luck

By the sounds of it you are not using ISA, but you should definately consider it (from a security point of view).

I don't have any experience with ISA server, but I do agree with this statement. Personally, I have an Apache server sitting in front of my OWA box, doing the same thing. You say tomayto, I say tomahto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back