Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change color of active window title bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grofaty

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
SI
Hi,
on Windows 7 I would like to change color of Active Window title bar to e.g. dark-red. How to do this?

I tried:
1. Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
2. Clicked on Window Color icon from bottom of dialog.
3. Clicked on "Active Window" and changed Color1 to dark-red. and in the same dialog I have changed the font color from black to white and clicked on Apply button.

What I see is active window has changed text to "white" as expected, but background color did not change at all it is still blue? Any idea why active window title bar color has not changed?

Thanks

From cmd prompt, try

control desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced

@xwb, tThis command opens exactly the same dialog as I have described and changing settings background color does not work.

I presume that you are basing your changes against a Windows 7 Basic or Ease of Access theme. If not then most of your changes won't be honoured. The Advanced dialog does mention this.

I tried "Windows 7" theme (from Aero Themes sections) and it does not work. I changed to "Windows Classic" theme (from Basic and High Contrast Themes sections) and it works fine, but I don't want to have "Windows Classic" theme. I want to have a modern theme and just changed title bar color for active window. Which theme is there suitable for this purpose?

You can't do it with Aero enabled. Sorry.

At least not out of the box - there are third party apps that allegedly allow you to do this. I say 'allegedly' because I've not tried any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back