Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Change CMYK/Preview to RGB/Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flasher40

Technical User
Apr 13, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm working in Illustrator 9. I have several .ai files that show "CMYK/Preview" when they are opened. I'd like to change their format to "RGB/Preview" so that I can use some of Illustrator's special effects not available in the CMYK mode.

Is there a way to make that change? If not, is there a way to easily copy/paste all the layers of a CMYK .ai file into a fresh RGM/Preview file? Or do I have to set up all the layers in the new file and copy/paste elements from the same-named layers in the CMYK file one-by-one (yuk)?

Thanks!
Bill

It should be easy for you. Click FILE - Document color mode - and click RGB. You will be in RGB mode. If you want to go back to CYMK, just click CYMK in doc. color mode.
Hope that answers it.
Frank

Thanks, Frank. That was easy! I had gone through the various menus but missed that option.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back