Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change background on 7970?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bv25

Vendor
Jan 1, 2003
US
Hi guys, does anyone know how to change the background display on 7970's? I have tried using the instructions on the cisco website but cant seem to get it to work. All phones are registered to the subscriber and the new background file is on the server. Yes, tftp is running on that server, but cant get it to the phones. Thank bv25.

if you try to change it from the phone, do you see the new background as an option or not?
From the phone, settings, user pref, background.

CCNA, CCNP..partly ;)

No, I dont see the option on the phones. I still see the default background on the user pref section in the phone. I am in the process of reviewing the .xml file. Thanks. bv25

TFTP has been started serveral times, I am still working on it.

I am in the process of reviewing the .xml file."

Thats good, but of course make sure the background files are png and you have a tumbnail for the new one.
what version CM are you running?

CCNA, CCNP..partly ;)

CCM 4.1.3--->here is my .xml file

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-CRC_3D_rgb-c_New.png"
URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/CRC_3D_rgb-b_New.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

The png and .xml files are placed together in this directory--
C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\Desktops\320x212x12

bv25
The phone's firmware is 7.0.3

should the end of your filename be the same?

you have rgb-c in the top line and rgb-b in the second line????

Also you should have a thumbnail image aswell which will be displayed on the setting page of the phone.

Here is a sample of one I have

- <CiscoIPPhoneImageList>
<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/logo.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/logo.png" />
<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/logothumb.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/logothumb.png" />

Guys I figured the problem out. I was using ms word to edit the .xml file, which added to much trash that the phone could not understand. I went to and downloaded the software xml marker from the links there. That corrected my issue with the .xml file and the files loaded with no problem. Guys, thanks for your help. Bv25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back