Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change assigned port for extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

YVaschuk

Programmer
Mar 31, 2007
CA
I have Norstar MICS 6.0 and a Call Pilot 150.
Two workers changed their room.
I change their phones, now I need to change their extensions.

#227 port 116 I need change to port 102.
#222 port 102 I need change to port 116.

Thanks.

you have two ways.

first method: go into programming systemprogramming >> feature settings and change set relocation to yes. then swap ONLY those two sets and turn set relocation back off. this is not the recommended method since it will screw up the dial plan so that your numbers no longer appear sequentially on the jumper blocks and the next tech in may be confused (probably) as to the location of stations on the cross connect field.

second method: is to go to the cross connect field and lift the pair of cross connect wires off of port 116 then move the cross connect wires from port 102 to port 116 and then take the original cross connectwires of 116 and place them on 102.

second method is the recommended way to make this kind of change. it keeps the cross connect field correctly labeled and sequential.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

You can also go into change DN and reassign the extension number to the new port number

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

And once you've done a change DN, you will need to change all other programming that is specific to those 2 extensions (name, line access, restrictions, autodial keys etc.)

jerryreave said it best...change the cross-connect and the programming goes with it. No other programming needed.

If you do use set relocation, be kind to the next tech that services your equipment. Put a post-it on the station block reading "check your port-set reloc has been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back