Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to call IVR and wait until line is dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayniematt

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2004
US
I'm looking at using the function "dial" to call our IVR and wait for the IVR to disconnect the call, then close procomm. The only problem I'm having is initiatnig the call. If I use a voice number procomm will wait for me to pick up the handset, if I use data, procomm will wait for a modem handshake. I just need the program to call the IVR and wait for about 20 seconds for the IVR to hangup. I'm assuming that a fax or telnet number would also wait for a modem handshake. Is there any work around? Is there a more simple program I should be using for this? Hyperterminal doesn't detect the disconnect eitehr.

Procomm's voice support is limited to dialing a number that you then speak via your telephone handset. You'll likely need a program that does actual voice operations with your modem (unfortunately I'm not familiar enough to offer any suggestions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back