Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to call another .aspx page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraves13

Programmer
Jan 31, 2007
US
I have created a web form named Default.aspx (Language C#)in which the user fills it in. I have an image button for the user to select an effective date. MY issue is how do I call Calendar2.aspx, when the user clicks the image button from Default.asp?

Thank you,
JG

I have created a web form named Default.aspx (Language C#)in which the user fills it in. I have an image button for the user to select an effective date. MY issue is how do I call Calendar2.aspx, when the user clicks the image button from Default.aspx?

Sorry about the typo in the other post!

JG

This is a complex question too. You need to realize that with asp.net pages you can't really pass values back and forth like you can with a windows application.

Great care needs to be taken to ensure that all of the data your user enters is still there when (s)he gets back from picking the date. And also to ensure the date is passed back. Here is something I use on my web page to move a list box containing different zip codes back and forth:

Code:
ListBox lstStore = (ListBox)Page.PreviousPage.FindControl("lstZips");

I then use lstStore to build a parameter for a SQL Stored procedure.

You might want to search for a calendar control you can include on the default page if at all possible, passing a ton of stuff back and forth could be a killer.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Ignorance of certain subjects is a great part of wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back