Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to call a plsql storeprocedure in delphi 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booods

Programmer
Oct 2, 2017
IT
I'm an absolute beginner with delphi so I'm sorry in advance for my misunderstanding.
I have to call a plsql stored procedure within a delphi program. The stored procedure returns an integer and the call should do it as well.
I haven't found so much documentation on the web about TADOcommand, TADOquery ecc. Can someone give me an explanation/sample/anything about it?
Thanks

The stored procedure returns an integer

If it returns a value, then technically, it's a stored function, thus you can use the function in the select or where portion of an SQL statement.

i.e.
Code:
select A, B, MyStoredProc(param1, paramn) 
from tablename
where A = 'some value';

I have lots of UPDATE, INSERT and SELECT from multiple tables inside that "function". Should I try a select anyway?

I have lots of UPDATE, INSERT and SELECT from multiple tables inside that "function". Should I try a select anyway?
I suppose that is not advisable. Here is a link I've found on running a stored proc from Delphi using ADO components. Hopefully, it can help.

Thank you! That's a page I didn't have found before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back