Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to calculate Elapsed Off Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrain

Programmer
Aug 3, 2001
US
I am sure it has been answered so I apologize up front. I did search but did not come up with what I needed.

I have a table that logs duty start and end times. I needed to calculate amount of time ON duty and that I was able to do. I now need to know how much time individuals have been OFF duty.

I have a Start Date/Time and End Date/Time. I need to calculate how many hours have passed since there last End Date/Time and the next Start Date/Time. It could be less than 24hrs or it could be more.

I need it for reporting and for a form. Any ideas would be great.

Remember the Past, Plan for the Future, yet Live in the Present for tomorrow may never come.
-etrain

Hi,

Wouldn't the previous END be a START, and the next START be an END?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

etrain,
How about providing some table and field names as well as sample data? Are there employee or machine codes that you are calculating this for?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back