Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to burn a .bin file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojoman

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
US
I'm not sure this is the right place for this question but how does one burn a .bin file? I'm familiar with .ISO files but this is a new one to me! Does it first have to be converted to an .ISO file? I have Nero 6 Ultra and Roxio and neither one seem to know what to do with it.(Nor do I)
(;-(
Mojoman

You are most certainly in the wrong forum--indeed, the question on my mind is if you simply came here because you've got some pirated CD image of a symantec product.

But then again, I'm not here to make value judgements, just to help and be helped.

Your .bin image should also have an associated .cue file along with it, and that is what you want to open with your CD burning program. You could also use a program like daemon tools to mount the image as a virtual drive, thus removing the need to waste a physical piece of media on what is likely a one time install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back