Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to build route and add trunks to it 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

egkinser

MIS
Aug 9, 2004
US
I have an Option 11c that I am trying to create a new route on and trying to add analog GRD start trunks to this route. I have never created a route or a trunk before. This may be a very broad question, but, can anyone give a procedure or where to find information on how to create a route and how to add analog ground start trunks to that route. Any information would be appreciated as I am pretty new to phones and the sole administrator of this Option11c.

admin guide :

ld 16 to build ur route
ld 14 to build ur trunks and add then to the route u built

then you need to build route overflow using RLIs in ld 86

there was a faq listing what each ld does

Just a question in ld 86 can I determine which route overflows to what by doing a prt and how?

ld 86 prt
and look for the rli you are interested in RLB

It is possible there are already routes built for grd start combo trunks.

To establish if this is true go to LD 21, at REQ enter PRT then RDB at next prompt, customer 0 (I assume) and at the ROUT prompt, jut hit enter and let them all print (make sure to capture it for later review. Using your NTP's under LD 16 you can decipher the info for each route.

To see if there are any trunks built on the routes, in LD 21 at REQ enter LTM, then customer 0 (I assume) and either list a specific route or hit enter to list all trunks on all routes. Use your NTP's under LD 14 to decipher these.

As stated above, use LD 86 to see if a RLB is utilizing any of these routes.

You can add a new route in LD 16 as a type of COT. Answer NO at the DTI prompt as you will pgm the trunks as analog. Go to LD 14 and program the analog trunk card (nt8d14xx) as a COT with the route number you used in LD 16 RDB. Under the SIGL type put in GRD for ground start. There is more in LD 16 but the NTPs can help you with each prompt you need. This is only a guide line on where to start.

to find grd start trunks do a ltm in load 21.. prt one tn for each group..

DES
TN 004 0 15 02
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK ANLG
NCOS 6
RTMB 4 1
NITE