Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to build a virtual whiteboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

adubs

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
Hey, does anybody know how I build something online that allows people to simply input text and push submit, sort of like a blog i guess but one that everyone has access to? Basically I want to build a page that all it is is submissions of about 3 people. The reason behind it is that we want a quite place to talk, without using email and we are going to lock down that site pretty heftily so that it remains somewhat secretive. If anyone has any ideas I would be greatly appreciative! THANKS

You'll need to have access to some sort of server-side scripting, like asp, php, jsp, perl or coldfusion. Most of the site's functionality would be part of the server-side code, so you would be best off asking the question in one of the respective fora (the one that matches the language you have available and are most familiar with).

Don't reinvent the wheel.

Try Campfire
Free account allows up to 4 'chatters'. You might find that some other 37Signals products would suit you too.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back