Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to build a FoxPro application

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxprox558

Programmer
Oct 19, 2013
US
Ok, as many of you know, I've been working on a DryCleaning program in FoxPro, and I never was able to compile foxpro programs into Executables without using the application wizard, if I tried to do it from a project, it would just flash on then off. I need to know how to build them, because the application wizard does not suffice to me, because of the quick launcher, there are certain menus that certain users should not be able to access.

There is a build button in the project manager. That's it.

You set the program you want to be executed as start routine as main. Normally you have a main prg, it's displayed bold in the project manager. Right clicking a prg you can make that the main prg.

If your final EXE "just flash on then off" you have forgotten to add READ EVENTS after the main prg code has set all environment settings, started menus and perhaps also a mein form. Additional to that your quit code should CLEAR EVENTS. That could be the code for a quit menu item or in the Unload event of your main form.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back