Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to bring form to front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark

Programmer
Sep 26, 2000
NL
Hello,

I have build an application with 3 forms. When i open de second form from the first. The second automaticly come in front of the first form. But when I open form 3 in form 2 the third form is in the back of form 2. How Can i bring form 3 in front of form 2.

I hope you can read my incorrect English.

Jeroen [sig][/sig]

Probably Form 2 have 'AlwaysOnTop' property set to .T. If that is true, set the same property to .T. for form 3. Or set it to .F. for both forms. [sig]<p>Vlad Grynchyshyn<br><a href=mailto:vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua>vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua</a><br>[/sig]

Also, you might want to make your Form 1's ShowWindow property = 2 - As Top Level Form. Then set subsequent forms' ShowWindow property to 1 - In Top Level Form, and finally, setting AlwaysOnTop for the second and third forms wha ever way you wnat them.

Mike [sig][/sig]

Thanks Mike, it works perfectly!!! Vlad thanks too, but your example doesn't work by my program. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back