Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to break a line in VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhongwei

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi, there

I'm trying to write code in VBA to break a line and insert a block at this break point.I look at the methods of acad object i didn't find any method to do that.if some know how to do that pls let me know. Thanks in advance.

I too ran into this problem. What I did is stored the startpoint and endpoint of the line I wanted to break, then I deleted the line and created two new lines, one line would have the startpoint of the original line and I would assign the new endpoint based on my requirements. The second line would then have a calculated startpoint and use the end point of the deleted line.

That seems to work for me, not sure if that is the best way to handle it.

I use desiel within the menu to break the line at the time I insert the block. You first have to know the width of the block...ex 4 unit wide.. for this block 1x to 1x scale.

[Fiber (Insert Fiber Symbol)(---) ]^C^Cbreak \@.4,0 -INSERT FIBER @-.4,0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back