Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to block messages Intuity Audix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryckee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2013
US
thread690-1102772
I am a new Audix admin and I am trying to block message delivery to a mailbox that has a standard greeting but should have been recorded as an EAG but was not and the person who did the recording is no longer available. So I would like to keep the greeting that is currently in place telling caller to call a new number, but not allow the caller to leave a message ... mostly hang up messages. I would like it to simply hang up after the greeting or tell the caller that messages cannot be delivered.
I did try setting the Call Answer Message (seconds), Maximum Length: 0 Minimum Needed: 0, but Audix still tells the callers they have 2 sec to record. WTF?

Thanks in advance.

I didnt even try that bc the Choices said ...
BROADCAST MAILBOX FIELD

Description Indicates whether this extension is the special
broadcast mailbox.

Valid Entries -n (the extension is not the broadcast mailbox)
y (the extension is the broadcast mailbox)

This field can only be modified on the "add
subscriber" screen.

An existing subscriber cannot be changed to be the
broadcast mailbox.

... and I didn't want to risk loosing the current greeting even if it allowed it without confirmation.

You could change it to an auto-attendant mailbox and not affect the existing greeting. With no options on the third page, it will play the greeting, play a canned "make entry soon or be disconnected" message, play the greeting again and then hang up. You could always experiment with options in the "press digits" and timeout fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back