Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to bind two forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahjo

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
US
I have a form in ms Access that contains information about a customer. I also have a command button on the form that opens another form which is a scanned-in invoice about the customer. The purpose of the form is to print information about the customer, but when the form opens it contains the first record in the customer list instead of the information that was on the previous form. In conclusion,
what I want is when I click the command button on one form to open another form, I want the same information about the customer to appear on the form that opens.

What you can do is limit the recordset from (frm_one) the second form to only the detail information from the customer in form 1, given a unique identifier X (textbox_x in frm_one) in both underlaying tables

--> in the form_open event

Me.RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM ... WHERE x = " & forms!frm_one!textbox_x

In that way you'll always have the correct information in a quite easy way.

hope to have been of some help...

the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back