Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to bigin with Tivoli Netview6.0 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2003
TN
I am a beginer with Tivoli Netview
I want to Know the steps and tools to begin with??

All you realy need is TCP/IP and SNMP running on your server. Once you have those services running just go through the install. When you finish open the console and discovery will begin. You may want to configure your server if so from the console click Options->Server Setup. From here you can configure discovery.

Past that you will need to see if NetView discovers all of your network (it should) if not you may need to edit the discovery setup.

Dan

Netview comes on NT and Unix, on Unix it should be installed on Tivoli framework, but on NT it sits independetly. Installtion is simple with not much settings, once the installation is done it discovers the network automatically.

What are the functionalties (adds) that comes with the framework
I mean what are the advantages from installing Netview in Unix and framework
and Netview alone in Nt PCs
thanks

NetVeiw can be integrated into Framework on either Win32 OS or Unix OS. However for any NetView version older than 7.1 you must install the Framework on Unix before installing NetView.

The framework will take NetView from a network management tool to a systems management tool. That is the positive. The negitive is that you will need to install the TME agent on any system you wish to administer.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back