Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to backup W2K3 client with UNIX Netbackup 3.4GA master server

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBMike

Technical User
Apr 1, 2005
GB
Hi please help we have a Netbackup 3.4GA UNIX master server, backing up lots of UNIX and NT4 boxes.We now need to back up one of our W2K3 clients. Which Netbackup client version do we install on the W2K3 client, that will work with the UNIX Netbackup 3.4GA master?

Thank you
Mike

Suspected as much-do you have any links to confirmation of this on Veritas'/Symantec's website so's I can prove this to management? I've looked, can't find. I can see that W2K3 isn't mentioned in the NB3.4.1 client compatibility list..but that doesn't confirm it for me, the list could have been compiled before W2K3 existed.

Thank you
Mike

you could share the server1 drives to another server2 and then back them up on the other server2 as a network drive.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back