Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to backup server setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servicios de Computacion

Technical User
Jul 22, 2022
VE
I would like to know if anyone knows the reason for something very particular:

I have a lenovo PC, to which to make backups of the BIOS I boot it with the HBCD and use the DOS BIOS backup tools. The backup is done correctly, and when restoring everything is also correct.

On an EXO server, I try to do the same, and with no DOS BIOS backup program I can do it. I tried with the HBCD 15.x tools, which tell me that the backup is done, but when I go to restore, I look for the backup file created and it just leaves the BIOS unchanged. That is, it does not restore to the values that should have the backup file, as it does with the lenovo PC.

I also tried it on a probook 4410s laptop and the same thing happened as with the EXO:: the restore is not done.

If anyone knows why or of any tool that works for this purpose I would appreciate it.

-/-

What tool are you using on Hiren's disk? It's just a compilation of a myriad of tools. Are you using DriveImageXL? If not, try that one. If I'm not mistaken, DriveImage XL doesn't really care what OS is to be backed up, b/c it just backs up the entire partition as is.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

What 'DOS BIOS backup tools' are you referring to? I can't see any 'DOS BIOS backup tools' on the current "Hiren's Boot CD".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back