Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Backup/Restore Win Scheduled Tasks?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcahren

Programmer
Dec 30, 2004
US
I backup the c:\winnt\tasks folder, but when I restore it, nothing shows up in the tasks folder even though BE shows XXXXX bytes restored. When I use Windows Explorer to look at the folder, nothing but the "Create new Task" icon. When I restore to a redirect folder (like c:\test), the folder suddenly becomes a system folder, has the tasks logo on the folder, and has a "Create new Task" icon on it (but none of my tasks). When I delete for folder, I get a "this is a system folder" type of warning.

When I type dir from the command prompt (in that folder), it *does* show the 12 *.job files, but they seem to be missing in windows. What gives? How do I backup and restore these scheduled tasks? I need this for disaster recovery.

Thanks!

It's to do with permissions only the Servers admins group and system have access to the tasks. I'm trying to copy the tasks from server to another and don't want to have too mofify the permissions on each task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back