Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to back up a 2003 server running ISA 2004??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2008
CA
Here is a good question.....
I'm currently using Commvault v7.0 to back up about 24 servers on our network and they are all behind our ISA 2004 firewall. My question is: How do I back up the server that is running the ISA 2004 software.?

I have already created a traffic rule for ports 8400-8403 and I still can't get any communications thru the firewall.

Thanks

Hi Hindgrinder, What you have done is cclose but there are a few more steps:
1. Open ports 8400-8403 (some are needed only for some systems but lets say all for easy of setup)
2. Open a range or ports eg (8600-8620) {for the data streams more clients backing up at same time more streams needed and may need more then 20}
3. Run fwconfig on your commserve, the media agent that will be clients data will be going to, and also the client
For each of these you will want to put all paths
eg for client put the MA and Commserve
eg for MA put the Client
eg for the Commserve put the client
the above is based on only the client being behind the firewall if the media agent is also behind the firewall its more like
eg CS put in MA and client
eg MA put in CS
eg client put in CS

Hope this helps
rgds rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back