Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to avoid selecting the location for saving web i reports? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinmenon

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
GB
Hi,

How to avoid selecting the location for saving web-i reports?

By default when I click save, it points to the favorites folder and if need be, can select the actual folder. I just want to click save and the report should be saved in its current folder. What do i need to do?

Thanks,
Hari...

When you click on modify to edit an existing Webi report, make changes and then click the save button it should save over the currently opened report.

Hi,
That is possible only when I open a report to modify or edit and not when I simply open and refresh a report.

I am looking for this in View mode and not in edit mode....

Thanks,
Hari..

I don't think there is any easy way to do this. You might be able to modify the code for InfoView, but that can be dangerous. It can be difficult to find the file that you need to change and you must be sure to save a "good" copy of it before you make any changes so that you can roll it back if you need to. Needless to say, I would NOT do this directly in your production environment - I would set it up on my workstation and play with it there until I got it right.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back