Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to automaticaly kill session??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartec

Programmer
Jan 21, 2005
PL
Hi

Could anybody tell me how I can set automatic kill session? I mean - if given session is blocking record or smth like that I want to kill this session, let's say , after 30sec it started blocking.
Is it possible??

Thanks for any response

Best regards

Bartec

Oracle has not "automatic kill session based upon blocking-lock time", but you can devise such. It would mean running a blocking-lock-detector on perhaps 30-second intervals (which we can do) and then, if the blocking-lock exists for two intervals, then killing the session.

But before we start designing/constructing such, I'd rather you got explicit (written) management advocacy for such since that behaviour can be very frustrating/annoying for users whose single-transaction (i.e., single blocking lock) work may, in fact, take multiple minutes to complete.

(If I don't respond immediately, it is because I'm just headed out to Grandkid Holiday Pageants tonight.)

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[ Providing low-cost remote Database Admin services]
Click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips if you use Oracle in Utah USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back