Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to automatically start the Default IMAP4 Virtual Server in ESM

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeno

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
US
Ok this should be an easy one... but I haven't been able to find this. I'm trying to find out how to automatically start the Default IMAP4 Virtual Server found in ESM. The IMAP service starts in the services list, but this virtual server does not automatically start...

Ideas?

Thanks-

To anyone who would have helped, or to those who were also looking for how to solve this...

I found that the autostart setting is contained in the IIS metabase. A value of 1 indicates that autostart is set to true. Since mine was already set to 1, I started looking for other issues.

It turns out that my MSExchangeSA service needed to be added as a dependant service to the IMAP4 service since our MSExchangeSA service has a slow load on server restart. To add this dependancy, I added a 2nd line to the DependOnService registry setting found at HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IMAP4svc. This second line contained MSExchangeSA.

Hope this helps who also runs into this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back