Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to automatically reassign tasks in sharepoint 2007 designer workfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushCode

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
US
I am tasked with figuring out how to automatically reassign tasks in sharepoint 2007 designer workflow. I know that it's usually done by providing the user with a reassign option in the task completion form, but that won't work for me. Here's a brief overview of the current workflow and what I need it to be able to do.

It's actually a primary workflow and a secondary workflow. The primary checks statuses, sends emails and assigns tasks. The secondary updates the status to an appropriate level each time a task is completed. Tasks are assigned based on fields within the primary list. For example their is a PM field. That is populated with a person when a new list item is created. And the workflow assigns a task to that PM.

What I need to happen is that if at any point, someone goes in to the primary list and changes the PM, I need to reassign the applicable tasks to that new without additional user interaction.

I'm not sure how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back