Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to automatically logoff all IP extensions overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

huxham

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
GB
Hi All

Does anybody know how I can get all my IP extensions to logoff automatically overnight, at say 4am every morning?

Many thanks
Paul

you may schedule a task in winfiol to be executed in the time you mentioned with command ipuri:dir=all;

it is probably better do in blocks of one hundred or you can do this by using ipuri:dir=start dir #&&end dir #;
I have found that if you are unregistering ext's to pick new firm you can have issues with all of the ext's trying to pick up the new application and boot config file.

"There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks both for your suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have WinFiol, only DNA 5.5. I know I can schedule a one-off event in DNA, but it does not allow for recurring events.

Is there any other way to schedule the unregistration?

Thanks
Paul

obvious question, why do want to unregister the phones each day??

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

you can do recurring schedules in DNA under RDS configuration. You maybe can write a macro to telnet/log in and do command then log off, then put in as a schedule?

best parnum

Hi whosrdaddy

The phones are soon going to be setup using the "LogOffRestriction=PermitIndividualLogOn" setting. All the phones will have their own default number when not logged on and can then be used as hot-desks by visiting staff. Staff will then logon to the phone with their own extension number. We would like the phones to logoff the personal numbers overnight so the phones revert to the hot-desk number.

If the phones do not logoff overnight. Visiting staff returning to their normal desk the following day will not be able to logon with thier own number as it will still be logged on elsewhere.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers
Paul

if you log on a phone with a number already in use, it logs the user off the phone previously logged on to, so your users will be able to log into the phone with their number anyway?

best parnum

Hi parnum

That's what I would expect to happen, but in reality what actually happens (at least on our system) when you try to logon with an extension already logged on is that both phones get stuck in a tussle for the number and basically become unusable until one of them is forcible logged off using the admin mode.

Perhaps we just have a gremlin that needs working out!

Cheers
Paul

it sounds like you do have a problem there, are you at the latest software/firmware on tsw/tse - handset - IPLU, however you are set up (does not say)? the phone should be logged off correctly, this works on tse/tsw.

best parnum

Thanks parnum. We are getting a software update tomorrow evening so I will check it again after that has taken place. If it still doesn't work I'll just log a support call!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back