Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to automate task from access -> outlook -> back to access again

Status
Not open for further replies.

seesin

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2013
US
Hi All,

It's been a long time (so long that I forgot my username, password, and even email that i signed up with). I always found this to be the best place for real tough challenging questions.

Using: MS access 2007 database (tables stored via sharepoint list), and Outlook 2007
Purpose: multi-user environment
Looking to automate outlook task assignment, so that someone using the database can assign the task to someone else. I figured out that part fairly easily. [URL unfurl="true"]http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff865816.aspx[/url]

Issue: I'm not sure how to approach updating the task status (i.e. if someone completes a task) so that the database is updated as well. They have to update two places (ms access database, as well as their outlook) Any suggestions? Note that the users are spread worldwide and their expertise with adding custom code is limited (i.e. placing additional vba code in outlook)

Thanks a million!

-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back