Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to? Assigning more than 1 lun to a drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabulal

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2006
US
Hi,

I have created a storage group and added three luns(raid5) to it of sizes - 995 gb, 212gb, 500gb. But in windows, when I check the Disk Management MMC, i can see three drives, but all these drives are of 995gb.

Shouldn't I be seeing just one drive with 995+212+500 gb of space. Or should i be creating different stroage groups for each and consider them as separate drives, instead of trying to create a single drive that includes all three luns.

Thanks in advance.
Mabu

You do not have to create seperate storage groups for each LUN.

You are correct, you should be seeing only 1 drive for each HBA you have configured.

Have you tried to reboot your server to see if they scan in correctly?

the reason that I was seeing just one lun as opposed to all three luns was because ATF was wrongly configured. When I run ATF_Console I get [2/21/...] Usupported Array. I can't find any messages for the ATF in the event viewer.

I tried unistalling everything and reinstalling everything but still did not work. I can see the luns as individual drive once remove ATF.

Thanks
Mabu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back