Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to assign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiim

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2005
DK
In SMS 2003 I use AD and in collection I can see/discover all the client when I use update collection. But they are not assigned and there is no site code so I can't push the advanced client. What could be wrong?

Did you extend the schema yet? if not is your slp and MP in wins? Do you have the boundaries properly entered?

Are you sure the clients have not installed from the push (you will have to look on the workstation, sometimes they dont communicate that they actually installed te client)

Tim.

In AD sites and services I add subnet an site name and have now succed install the advanced client!!

And in SMS admin console in Collections the client is assigned but Site code is empty and Client = no.

In Collections\machinename\properties client, clienttype and clientversion = null and I can't start remote tool agent.

Why can I push the client but the SMS console show that it is not installed ?

All the Computers have Advanced client installed but in Collections it's only assigned. I have extend AD schema and used EXTADSCH.EXE and the log said thad it's extended.

The log on client said this:

Attempting to retrieve SLPs from AD
Failed to resolve IP address from WINS
LSGetSLP : Failed to resolve SLP from WINS, is it published
LSGetAssignedSiteFromSLP : Unable to get the list of SLPs

I try to add SLP and MP in WINS (netsh/wins,server)but get this error:

loading of DLLWinsevnt.dll failed

unable to verify the binding address for the wins server. Server might not work proberly. error:
there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

I need help!

Did you check to make sure the proper SMS entries exist in AD? Open AD Users and Computers. Drill down to <DomainName> | System | System Management. You may have to go to View | Advanced Features in order to see the System container. Just make sure you see MP and SLP entries.

If you do not see any entries, chances are your SMS servers do not have rights to the System Management container. If you are running Advanced Security, you must give the SMS machine accounts access to this container. If you are using standard security, then you have to give the service account access. You can also view the hman.log file on the SMS server to get details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back