Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to assign external audio on Miran card

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbbnk

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
IN
Currently we use the music that's stored in the flash memory and the way its configuerd is music route -> Miran card slot # -> channel # on the Miran... this means it will select music from the flash memory. Now, how do i configure so that my music source is not the flash memory but external audio. What will be the mapping ?

You can connect a CD playa to "Analog input0" (A0) On the MDF this is pin 5a (white/gray) + 7a (red/orange) (Or use the frontplate connector)
Assign Analog input A0 to a channel via 'calendar assignment'.

Calendar Assignen: Channel : 3 (f.e.)
Filename : ANALOG0
Date :
Time :

In 'Pack Status' menu is 'A0 Input' active. By calling the ACOD of the music route you wil hear the CD music.
If y'r M1 is configured as follows:

LD 14
TYPE MUS
TN 20 4
DES MIRAN-MUS
XTRK EXUT
CUST 0
RTMB 43 1
CFLP 34 Conference loop
REQ END

LD 16
TYPE RDB
CUST 0
DMOD
ROUT 43
DES MIRAN-MUS
TKTP MUS
ICOG OGT
SRCH LIN
STEP
BDCT NO
ACOD 1234
TARG 0
SGRP 0
OABS
CNTL YES
TIMR ODT 4096
TIMR
SST
NEDC ETH
FEDC ORG
HOLD
SEIZ
RGFL
CDR NO
NATL YES
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
PANS YES

Put the CD Playa in mono, press play and backup your Miran config.
Good luck,
@win

thanks a whole bunch, I'll give it a shot

This question is for UTreg.
In your above example most of your parameters match to mine except for the TN. I realise that's the one I guess would make a difference in the route ?
Could you please tell me what your 20 and 4 represent ? (card/slot/chnnel....?)
As for me the way I assign TN to look for channel 0 on the Miran card is 004 0 14 00. So, I am a little confused about the 20 and the 4 . I really appreciate all the help.
thanks,
Kasturi

UTreg has used the layout of an Option 11C(mini?), you probably have an 51C, 61C or even 81C. Just fill in the 4 0 14 0 to get it running.

got it. In that case what would be my config to point to Analog input A0 ? In 4 0 14 0 , the last 0 is the channel number to point to the flash memory of miran... what would it be for A0 ?

Supernn was right, this was the config 4 an option 11. (Card 20, unit 4).

So your TN should be 004 0 14 04.
The connection on the MDF mentioned earlier is for a MIRAN II Card, pair 7 (red/orange, organge/red) is Analog input A0 for an ealier MIRAN card.

Assign also;
Day : *
Channel : 3
Filename : ANALOG0
Time : 00:00
Abstract : (leave empty)

regs,
@win

Hi all,

I'm also trying to play music via a cd player connected to channel A0. However I see no filename of ANALOG0 in my calendar assignments.

What am i doing wrong?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I worked out how to do this.... you have to physically type in ANALOG0 into the filename field. It doesn't appear in the file structure.....

How simple eh?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back