Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to apply commands to New Window Only, Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rianeiromiron

Programmer
Jul 1, 2001
GT
Hello everyone:

I have a workbook with 2 worksheets: "Old Tickets" and "Follow up".

What I want to do is, when I click on "Old Tickets" on a ticket number cell, I'd like to show the corresponding "Follow up"s for that ticket in a separate window.

I have attained this, using the NewWindow method, but, if for example I try to hide "Old Tickets" on the new window, the corresponding "Old Tickets" in the original workbook, would also hide.

Is it possible to work with the duplicate as if it was another sheet so the commands I apply in one, don't apply in the other?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

What's the purpose of this requirement?

You could put the results in a spreadsheet control object in a UserForm.

Will the user interact with these results?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thank you for your response, Skip.

Each row in my "Old Tickets" sheet has many corresponding rows in the "Follow up" sheet.
"Follow up" rows have many columns.

The idea is to be able to navigate in "Old Tickets" rows and simoultaniously browse in corrsponding "Follow up"s rows.

As for your suggestion on the UserForm, is there a way to place a spreadsheet or table in it?

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back