Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to allow users to create new Web I report? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinmenon

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
GB
Hi, we have just completed the production move of BOXI reports and universes. Completed ADS integration and single sign-on also. Now we have a new issue - Users not able to create new Web Intelligence document.

On clicking new, you get these options : OLAP Intelligence Report, OLAP Intelligence Connection, Hyperlink, Publication, Crystal Report, Document from local computer, Category and Folder.

I don't get create Web Intelligence document option for any users, except Administrator.

Any clues?? Immediate help will be much appreciated...

Thanks,
Hari...

You have to turn on access to WebI, the universe(s) and the connection(s). All three have to be set correctly or it doesn't work.

In the CMC, go to BusinessObjects Enterprise Applications. Select Web Intelligence and click on the Rights tab. If you want to grant Everyone create access, click on the "Advanced" link and explicitly grant "Create Document" rights (along with any other rights that are applicable.) If just specific groups need to have this right, you'll add the group to the list and then click on Advanced, etc. You can also set this up for specific users, but I HIGHLY recommend handling all of your security at the User Group level - it can become a real nightmare to maintain otherwise.

Also in the CMC, select Universes and then the universe you want to check access for. Go to the Rights tab and make sure that the user group for your report designers has, at a minimum, "View On Demand" access. Do the same thing for the Connections.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back