Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add VPN user? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

panuvin

Programmer
Mar 24, 2004
US
Hello, I've just joined a company with a severely disorganized network and domain setup. What I know is we have a Windows 2000 SP4 Server currently running with a domain and VPN. I would like to know how to add myself as a user to the VPN. Do I do this through one of Win2k Server Administrative Tools or through some other device? Thanks so much!

Justin Robinson
justinr_02@yahoo.com

Hi,

You have to ask your Domain Admin to give you permission.

I am the domain admin, that's why I asked the question! ...I know, not a very good sysadmin... but, again, that's why I asked the question =)

Go to AD and check the allow dial-in or VPN access under the Dial-In tap in your user properties. You can add static IPs for the VPN also. It depends what VPN your company has, if it's a Win2K VPN server, then the steps above will work and u can VPN to the network with your regular username and password. If it's a router VPN, then you will have to look at the configurations in the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back