Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add up a control from the Detail section into the Footer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonturbo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2001
US
PLEASE HELP!

I've got a report driving me crazy, the problem I'm having is that I have a control/text box in the Detail section (lets call it TestCtrl) which is a currency field that is generated from some good ole' VBA. I wish to total up the TestCtrl column into the Report Footer. If TestCtrl was grabbed from the Report's underlying Query, then I'd just add another text box and set the control source to =Sum([TestCtrl]), but this pops up an "Enter Parameter Value" asking me for the value of TestCtrl. I've tried. Any other suggestions?

Lets say that TestCtrl is calculating the extended price of a product sold to a customer(e.g., 2 widget @ $45 = $90). If you want a total cost of all products on the invoice, for example, put a text box in the footer something like this: =Sum(Qty * UnitPrice)

It seems like a duplication of effort (and it is) but footers just don't seem to do very well referencing a calculated control in the detail section. Ann

After much trouble, I abandoned the idea and am attempting to recreate the report using a query rather then a whole bunch of DLookups with SQL code/VBA. Right now I'm having problems with Sums and Grouping.. If you'd still like to help, please post in the other thread in this group. Thanks.. NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back