Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add my application to Add/Remove 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

otherone

Programmer
Apr 20, 2005
US
I'm enhancing uninstall exe's for our application. We are running Wise InstallManager 7.03. Presently, when users want to uninstall they just delete directories and files. Our uninstall.exe's don't do what we need them to do. How do I make it so that a user can just go to Add/Remove and select 'Remove' to uninstall the application? I'd like to make it so that our uninstall.exe's are invoked from Add/Remove.

You'll have to create a Registry Key for your installation under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.

For an example of what you have to do, go to this location on one of your units. The values here relate to either the appearance of the item in the Add/Remove menu, or to the modification/repair/removal of the installation.

One of the values within these keys is named 'Uninstall String'. Here, the data in the value should be the path to your Uninstall.exe file.

Kate

Hi,
How do I add an icon of my choice in the "Add/Remove" programs for my application ?

I am using Wise InstallMaster 8.1 and what I've noticed is that my application gets different icon on different Operating systems.
I get the intended behavior on all Windows XP machines and
on I get different icon on each Windows 2000.

What is the problem? Is there some setting that has to be done.

otherone,

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking:

1.) How to make an uninstall.exe work and do the things you want it to do
OR
2.) How to make the uninstall.exe be invoked from the Add/Remove programs button.

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back