Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to add multiple bridged appearance buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

icartmanxx

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
CA
I have inherited a very old Definity G3 system running release 9.

I currently have three telephones configured for our helpdesk department. They have a dedicated support line that rings through on all of the phones.

The helpdesk tech phones are all 6416D+M phones and there are two buttons set up with "brdg-appr" for the helpdesk extension.

Currently if two techs are answering calls on 1025 and a third call comes in, it goes to voicemail. I have a new helpdesk hire starting and I would like to add the "brdg-appr" button to four buttons on their phones. This mean all four helpdesk staff can answer calls at the same time.

I have added a 3rd button for "brdg-appr" to one set but incoming calls still go directly to vmail. I tried adding a fourth button too but receive an error stating "cannot bridge to a non call-appearance button type"

As an FYI, extension 1025 is configured as a 6408D+ telephone but is not assigned to a port.

Does anyone know why inbound calls go to vmail instead of ringing the 3rd call appearance of 1025? Why can't I add a fourth button for this line?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Make sure on the primary phone that it has at least 4 call appearances

That's awesome. I reconfigured the main extension and it works great on all four helpdesk phones now.

Thanks!

Always remember with 3 call appearances you can receive 2 calls, the last appearance is always reserved for transferring calls. So to have 3 bridges appearances the primary would need at lease 4 call appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back